• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More Help Need For Solo Talk (1 Viewer)

SAFM

Hi everyone,
This is again for help in my Wildlife Solo talk. I was just wondering is any of you had any interesting facts about Gannets, Red Squirrels, Badgers, Foxes or Roe Deer, the reason that there is so many is because i still have not choosen what 3 to do my talk on ( But I am Doing it on Red Squirrels). If you want to vote on which 3 i do it on, just reply.

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scott,

Why not google for all the interesting facts there are about each and especially Red Squirrels. There's such controversy over them and the Greys due to the Grey ones being brought over here from America and over the years having taken over the Red ones. Hope you find what you need Scott, there's a wealth of information on the web about all Nature, everything in fact.

SAFM said:
Hi everyone,
This is again for help in my Wildlife Solo talk. I was just wondering is any of you had any interesting facts about Gannets, Red Squirrels, Badgers, Foxes or Roe Deer, the reason that there is so many is because i still have not choosen what 3 to do my talk on ( But I am Doing it on Red Squirrels). If you want to vote on which 3 i do it on, just reply.

Thanks
Scott

Oh well does that mean I still have a chance to persuade you to pick my favourite bird Barn Owl. I thought you had settled for Puffin. Well I guess you have far more Puffins up your way then Barn Owls but I will still vote for the latter 3:) Red Squirrel is a good choice. I can tell you we have a good population of Red Squirrels in the local Reserve in a place called Gosforth Park but everyone is now getting concerned as Grey Squirrels are now closing in around the area. A few weeks ago I even had one in my garden which has, to my knowledge, never happened before. Keep googling. ;)

I see from another thread you are going to have a trip to the sun. Good place for bird wathching Scott, if you get into the right areas. Bet you won't have much time to send daily reports back but hope you give us a report of your trip when you get back. Sorry I have gone a bit off topic. Hope that you enjoy the trip. :t:

Last edited:
Hi Brian, Sue & Terry,
Thanks for replying and i will leave a report when i get back, i will try to get on the internet when i'm there and talk to you. Leave tonight 1am (trust the travel agents to get a flight right in the middle of the night.)
i will be on the net at 9 or 10PM tonight. I am going to my bed to get some sleep now. see you all when i get back.

:h?:
Sue & Terry said:
Hi Bri, had a good weekend have you???? :king:

You certainly sound very chipper so here's hoping!

Sue

LOL. Yes a good weekend Sue. Down at Teeside again with the RSPB group this time, looking at the planned reserve at Satlholme. Got the group all excited by telling them that I had seen 2 Little Egrets there last week and marched them across a long stetch of wasteland to see them and .........yes you have guessed, Little Egrets had gone. Oh well I saw them :h?: Afraid rest of the group had to make do with Lapwings and Greylag Geese! Another wonderful autumn day though.
Hope your well Sue.

Scott ....have a safe :flyaway:

Never mind Bri, I'd settle for Lapwings and Greylags as I love them both, we saw an Egret (little) at Glos last week....so we had one - not you!!! Sorry Brian, I shouldn't have said that..tut tut!

Not so bad here thanks. Take care.

Sue

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back