• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Open letter to Zeiss - 8x30 Victory Companion please (1 Viewer)

There are certainly places in the world where 32mm have increased in popularity but in global terms 42mm is still the main product by a long way.

There will be more news concerning where and how Zeiss is producing its binos in an upcoming interview with their head of operations, so keep an eye on the interviews forums!

I would certainly agree with upgrading the Conquest HD 32mm which is a favourite of mine.

Lee

I think the Conquest is already so good that an optics upgrade would turn it into a direct competitor of the Leica and Swaro 8x32 alphas. Zeiss might take the road of having a bestseller beta++ model rather than an elite specialty alpha in the travel bino niche. Sometimes a cheap and cheerful have is better than a superb will get :)

Edmund

I am with Lee on this, an 8X30 or an 8X32, why? I know some premium glass 8X32s are large for some, SV, EDG, but the 8X25 Zeiss is the best pocket now hands down, get one of those if a 8X32 is too much. I have used one but do not really have a use. The FL 8X32 is perfect for my take on the road glass. I am curious about the SF 8X32, and it will be an 8X32 not an 8X30.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back