• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Graphic - Binocular Features & Uses (1 Viewer)

John A Roberts

Australia
Looking at the Zeiss website I came across this recently posted graphic (download the pdf for a more legible version)
It's from: https://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/en_de/hunting/service---support/download-centre/downloads.html

One interesting aspect is the distinction made between the glass types in the different product lines
And it specifically indicates that Schott HT glass is used in both the SF and HT lines
- see my previous posts #27 and #28 at: https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=379983&page=2

John

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Zeiss Binoculars Benefits -en.pdf
    340.7 KB · Views: 31
The Pocket looks very impressive here, with FL glass and 91% transmission. No wonder it performs so well.

John, thanks for that graphic, in this Zeiss shows they are using 5 types of optical glass in binocular
lenses. I do understand the various types, but this does not really mean much except for the total
binocular design.
Leica boasted with the introduction of the Ultravid HD+, that they were using Schott HT glass, and many
Leica users of the Ultravid HD could not see any difference.

We do know both Zeiss and Swarovski have been using Schott HT glass even before Leica did.

Much of what we know and see is marketing jargon, and is very confusing, even to those in the know.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back