• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wallcreeper Bilbao in Oktober (1 Viewer)

Peter Mallinson

Hello

I am going to be in Bilbao for four days in late Oktober.
Is there the possibility that i can find a good Wallcreeper site within reasonable distance from Bilbao?

Other bird sites are also of great interest.

All information recieved With thanks :)

Peter

Hello dragni

A friend told me you have written a trip report relevant to "Fuente...... and wallcreepers. I would like to read Your report. I cant find it here on this site, can you give me a link to its whereabouts?

Many thanks, Peter

Sorry, Peter, your friend is mistaken. I look back and find a brief diary comment for September 2014 but it doesn't say much - just that it's worth a visit.
Best wishes,
David

Hello Peter. I know where and how to see Wallcreeper at Fuente De - so can help give you details for that. What I don't know is whether they are there in October as I've always treated it as a summer site. But if others say they're there in October and you still need specific info as to where to look then let me know. Kind regards. Denis

Hello Denisparkes
I would be most greatfull for any information regarding the best sites for Wallcreeper at Fuente De! I have booked Three Nights at Hotel del Oso and intend (weather permitting) taking the gondol/cablecar up the 1800 meters to the top. I have heard that it is weather and time of year dependent when visiting so late in the year as October. If the conditions are Arctic then we will have to look for wall creeper lower Down in the Valleys.
Other birds of (special) interest are Snow Finch, Rock Bunting and Alpine Accentor. The main aim is to have a decent holiday! :)
Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me . Peter.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back