• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird reference from odd angles (1 Viewer)

Can anybody recommend a good visual reference book on common garden birds? Because I carve birds in 3D, I need to have views from above and below, and behind, - not usually found in books or in pictures on the internet. A good video, showing views from all angles would be helpful too. Although my carvings are simplified, I do like to do the research to try and get the 'essence' of the birds. www.nickhunterwoodcarver.wordpress.com

Hope you can help...

Attachments

• longtail3.jpg
    longtail3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 72
Yes, Hayman often has the greatest number of unexpected angles. Look out too for the forth coming Crossley Guide to Birish Birds. If his American photomontage guides are anything to go by you'll have plenty of odd angles from which to view the birds,

Yes, Hayman often has the greatest number of unexpected angles. Look out too for the forth coming Crossley Guide to Birish Birds. If his American photomontage guides are anything to go by you'll have plenty of odd angles from which to view the birds,

I was just going to say that over here the Crossley ID guide has a lot of photos, though at quite different scales as well, i.e. some are very small. I didn't know a British guide was in the works though it's no surprise.

On a lighter note, I only seem to see birds at odd angles!! That proved true today with the first wave of wood warblers: Pine, Palm Warblers and Louisiana Waterthrush as well as both Kinglets. Odd angles, in bad light, was just about all I saw.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back