• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Digidapter™ digiscoping adapter for Zeiss Diascopes (1 Viewer)

jourdaj

I had the opportunity to field test a new digiscoping adapter designed for Zeiss Diascopes using the Vario D 15-56X/20-75X Zoom Eyepiece. The unit is called the Digidapter™ and it consist of an inner ring sleeve that slides over the eyepiece and is held in place by the screw-on eyecup. The Digidapter™ is a bracket that consists of an adjustable platform to perfectly align most P&S cameras and some mirrorless models (including the Nikon V1 w/ 10-30mm and 18.5 mm lenses).

Instructions and description of the adapter can be found at:
http://digiscopeadapter.com/home.html

I've written a comprehensive review of the adapter on my digiscoping blog:
http://jerryjourdan2.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-digidapter-digiscoping-adapter-for.html

I even took it out into the field this morning for the first time and had great success digiscoping local sparrows in SE Michigan, USA. Here are a couple of Lincoln's Sparrows and White-crowned Sparrows, including one image I took at a whopping 6075mm equivalent focal length (hand-held!) using the adapter.

Attachments

• DSC_8961WhitecrownedSparrowc.jpg
    DSC_8961WhitecrownedSparrowc.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_8852LincolnsSparrowc.jpg
    DSC_8852LincolnsSparrowc.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC_8858WhitecrownedSparrowc.jpg
    DSC_8858WhitecrownedSparrowc.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Just a note to say that the Digidapter(tm) is now available for Swarovski, Leica and Kowa Scopes! Check out the website for more details.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back