• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Service (1 Viewer)

LPT

I recently lost one of the eyecups from my Zeiss Dialyt 7X42 B/GA T*P, wrote to Zeiss seeking a replacement, and today received two (I asked for only one) in the mail today free of any charges. This is impressive service especially considering the binocular was a second-hand one.

I purchased 2 terra 8x32 bin in the last month....E-Mailed Zeiss that I didn't care for the pouch they provide to transport the bins in...said I would like to purchase 2 Zeiss branded :smoke: cases from them but would need a invoice from them in order to pay.....Mary said she would send me a couple cases that day...the invoice that came with them said NO CHARGE.....Say what you want but Zeiss is still the standard by which others are judged in optics .....:t:

Last edited:
I purchased 2 terra 8x32 bin in the last month....E-Mailed Zeiss that I didn't care for the pouch they provide to transport the bins in...said I would like to purchase 2 Zeiss branded :smoke: cases from them but would need a invoice from them in order to pay.....Mary said she would send me a couple cases that day...the invoice that came with them said NO CHARGE.....Say what you want but Zeiss is still the standard by which others are judged in optics .....:t:
That's pretty cool. How do you find the 8x32 Terras? I quite like my 8x42 but haven't heard that much about the 32mm ones. (Perhaps I should look around some more.)

...Mike

I like them....I purchased the first set and the wife like them more than the 10x42 bf Minox she usually uses..so I needed to get myself another pair..she likes the light weight and the bright site picture [for a 32] ....so do I ....also found them for a good price [$275]...and the folks at Zeiss have always been more than helpful.. [ actually friendly ]

I bought my wife a set of 10X32 Victorys about two years ago. They were new old stock and purchased from a UK optics dealer...wife wanted a 'green pair', and it was only place I could find them...go figure...anyway, they developed a fungus/moisture in the left ocular and it was obvious there was a problem. I called Zeiss service and they told me to send them in.
After about 6-7 weeks nothing was happening and I called Zeiss; Mary explained that the 'green' pair (specifically) had to be sent to Germany for repair and it would take quite a while. I told her that wife didn't care at all about the color at this point, we just wanted them replaced if possible.
The next day an overnight parcel arrived with a brand new pair of black lotutec 10X32 victory binoculars. And we live very remote.
She was very apologetic about the length of time involved initially.

The next day an overnight parcel arrived with a brand new pair of black lotutec 10X32 victory binoculars. And we live very remote.
Now that's service! I hope I never need it, but it's more than just encouraging to hear about it.

...Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back