• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Bolivia Quick-Find Index (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
Once again, I compiled a Quick-Find Index for my new FG. I rushed with it, as I think it would be great if such an index would be added to the revised printing announced by S.K. Herzog. Please let me know of any necessary corrections. Thanks.

I made it as comprehensive as possible, but if you want to remove some parts, you are free to do so. Just remember that the three columns are continuous.

It is a rather tight fit, but it DOES fit! Just cut below the main text, leaving off the foot note.

Singular names stand for basically uniform groups, like only Potoos, for example. Plurals stand for mixed groups like all sorts of Toucans, thus including Toucanets and Aracaris, for example. Underlined are some major groups.

Attachments

• BIRDS OF BOLIVIA QUICK-FIND INDEX by PLATE numbers.doc
    50 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Ok, ok, we know you have the book but vengeance will be mine (said in a maniacle voice and shaking my fist at the sky) when I get it for $50 less after they start the US print run........B :)

I can give you a project Robert, I'll send you a list of my book collection to do these QFI's, that should keep you occupied for a while, almost 700........;)

Did you open a thread with a list of the one's you've done?

Last edited:
Ok, ok, we know you have the book but vengeance will be mine (said in a maniacle voice and shaking my fist at the sky) when I get it for $50 less after they start the US print run........B :)

I can give you a project Robert, I'll send you a list of my book collection to do these QFI's, that should keep you occupied for a while, almost 700........;)

Did you open a thread with a list of the one's you've done?

Andy, I only do them for my own FGs when they don't come with one. Do you mean you have almost 700 FGs?! That would be hard to believe. ;)

The fact I did this particular QFI so fast was - as stated in my post - the hope to entice them to print one in the second printing. (Assuming the pages would remain mostly unaltered, they could just copy mine.)

As for a list: I think one should find them via the search function. It's also the reason I tend to open a new thread for them.

Last edited:
Andy, I only do them for my own FGs when they don't come with one. Do you mean you have almost 700 FGs?! That would be hard to believe. ;)

The fact I did this particular QFI so fast was - as stated in my post - the hope to entice them to print one in the second printing. (Assuming the pages would remain mostly unaltered, they could just copy mine.)

As for a list: I think one should find them via the search function. It's also the reason I tend to open a new thread for them.

No, just bird and natural history books.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back