• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Fife, Scotland (1 Viewer)

Hi All
Just a quick note to say hello.
I've been a birdwatcher as long as I can remember, was given my first binoculars at age three.
These days (I'm 44) work is taking an ever increasing slice of my free time but I still manage to get out most weekends.
Came across this site when doing some research on scopes to upgrade my aged-but-loved Optolyth 30x75. Can't believe I hadn't noticed it before.

Cheers
Steve

Welcome to Birdforum, Steve. Now that you've noticed the site, I'm sure you're going to get much enjoyment from it.

Welcome Steve from the wild marshes of South Lincolnshire where the pinkfeet are just arriving. I am sure you will enjoy your time with us on Birdforum.

Hi Steve. On behalf of those of us on staff here at BirdForum, a warm welcome to you.

I can relate to lack of free time for birding but, I enjoy whatever time I get to be outside.

We have a great scopes forum so please avail yourself of it.
Enjoy.

Hi Steve, welcome to BirdForum, as you say work doe's tend to spoil things.
bert.

Welcome, Steve. Scotland is our favourite birdwatching place but don't know Fife I'm afraid. I'm in West Yorkshire in the Pennines. You've found a gem joining this site!

Hi Steve,
I have alot of family up in the Fife area, Have not been up much to see the birds, Did get up there in Jan but could not get the time for the King Eider at the power station. Next time I hope
Have fun
P.J

Hi Steve,
Welcome from another Steve in Fife.
I'm sure you'll find Birdforum to be compulsive, illuminating & generally entertaining.

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum. Binoculars at age three!!! - that's pretty impressive. Were your parents keen birdwatchers at that time?

No, my grandfather was former merchant-marine and I begged the use of his old (and heavy!) pair. I could only use them propped up on a wall or similar but they were (are) a prized possession :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back