• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your most anticipated futures books (3 Viewers)

The Lynx website now has sample pages from the new West Indies field guide.

Melanie mentioned The Complete Guide to Australian Birds by George Adams. I've had a quick look at it. Looks nicely produced and the photos are generally pretty good, but I had the impression it didn't have as much information on difficult points of identification as some of the other Australian guides.

I have the Adams book since Saturday. It seems to be first guide that includes photographs of all living birds of Australia, including the Night Parrot. The identification texts are rather brief.

Even though I already have the original Wildguides 'British Birds' book I've preordered this pocket version which is out at the beginning of August. Much more handy to take out in the field than the heavier larger version https://www.nhbs.com/british-birds-a-pocket-guide-wildguides-book

It looks like an excellent photo-guide for the beginner. As for myself, I was hoping that they might do a version to cover Europe even at the cost of omitting some extreme extra-limital rarities. As I recall this was even hinted at back when the original appeared...

A seabird id. book which should be worth getting. Publishing in November it seems.

http://www.wildsounds.com/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?prodid=9780691175010

Steve Howell's seabirds book is out already. Had an email today from supplier saying that mine's been dispatched...

I am curious whether this book will also include photographes of rare speces like Beck's petrel or the Pincoya storm petrel. It was initially planned that Hadoram Shirihai published a similar book titled FG Seabirds of the World in late August but it seems that he won't publish this book this year. Hopefully the Howell/Zufelt book will be a good surrogate or even better though Shirihai's Tubenoses Project is still interesting.

I am curious whether this book will also include photographes of rare speces like Beck's petrel or the Pincoya storm petrel. It was initially planned that Hadoram Shirihai published a similar book titled FG Seabirds of the World in late August but it seems that he won't publish this book this year. Hopefully the Howell/Zufelt book will be a good surrogate or even better though Shirihai's Tubenoses Project is still interesting.

My understanding is that it should include all or at least most birds of the world, including most/all mega rarities / little known species, though I've not seen it. Hopefully there will be multiple high quality photos of these species, and good text to accompany.

Also looking forward to Shirihai's book, when/if it should ever see light of day.

My copy of the 4th edition of 'Where to Watch Birds in Southern & Western Spain' arrived last week. As to be expected, it's a case of evolution rather than revolution, The high standard has been maintained and there are some new sites mentioned and many updates. I always recommend getting the most recent version of any site guide as things do change and just one snippet of updated information can make or break a day out birding. Personally, I thought that the best bit was the intro ..... but that's because Ernest Garcia had some very kind words about my website on Cadiz Province

On Melanies tombstone it will say 'I'm curious what will be included in this'.....

Every time a new book is mentioned, the question is what will or won't be included.......:-O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back