• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Animal Earth (1 Viewer)

JTweedie

I saw this mentioned on Twitter today, posted by a university lecturer who recommends this book to his zoology students.

The author Ross Piper has made the PDF of his book Animal Earth free to download.

Worth a look

It's a great offer for his fans with two small blemishes. First the PDF is not printable because the document is write-protected (that means you cannot copy and paste the text from this book) and secondly every page is watermarked.

The file size is 135 mb and the download took rather long.

I'd say the copyright watermark is more than a small blemish - it's in massive letters at the bottom of every page and is so distracting that it makes the text pretty much unreadable (to me). I downloaded it yesterday but I think I might just delete it.

It's probably the publisher that has forced these restrictions. I've got another book that the author was happy to share but he was upfront about restrictions the publisher put on him. I would say if you enjoy the content then buy the hard copy to reward the author for their work.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back