• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Louis_P Patch List (1 Viewer)

Louis_P

Average Birder
This year I have decided to start a patch list. I have defined my patch as anywhere within 5K of my house. This includes Buxton, Coltishall, Hoveton and loads of other small villages. The habitats include woodland, farmland, river floodplains, river, reedbeds etc. Last year my favourite tick was probably a Knot picking salt from the road in front of my car during the Beast from the East. I already have a patch lifer this year, a Little Egret which just flew into patch airspace. The rule is that any bird on the list has to be seen within the patch area. Here is the list so far:
  1. Mute Swan
  2. Pink-footed Goose
  3. Mallard
  4. Pheasant
  5. Buzzard
  6. Moorhen
  7. Black-headed Gull
  8. Herring Gull
  9. Woodpigeon
  10. Collared Dove
  11. Jay
  12. Magpie
  13. Jackdaw
  14. Carroin Crow
  15. Blue Tit
  16. Long-tailed Tit
  17. Starling
  18. Blackbird
  19. Robin
  20. Dunnock
  21. Great Spotted Woodpecker
  22. Egyptian Goose
Of course there are some very easy gaps to fill on that list at the moment as I haven't been out much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back