• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Columbia Birding in June or July 2019 (1 Viewer)

odins

Hi Birders: I am in the process of trying to organize a customized birding trip to Columbia out of Cali in June or July of 2019. I have been in touch with the company that can put this together; ( they are based in Cali ), and they are very wiling to put together a trip based on the birds I, and others would like to see. I am guessing that the trip may last 8-11 days, and will cover areas reachable from Cali in a reasonable amount of time. The trip would include car and driver, an English speaking guide, and all accomodations and meals. They will also pick you up at the Cali airport, deliver you to your lodging that evening, and then the reverse at the end of the trip. Their prices are very reasonable, especially compared to booking with a bird touring company in the U.K/Europe and North America. They will organize a customized tour for as few as 2 people, and I am thinking 4 would be a max. I have personally spoken to others who have used this company, and the reports are excellent. Can share details later.
My personal style of birding will be fairly relaxed. I am not interested in seeing every bird in Columbia, and would like to have the opportunity to photograph birds when the opportunity presents itself. I also don't want to bird 15 hours a day, and would like to be able to appreciate my surroundings at the end of the day. In other words, the total numbers of birds seen to me is less important; quality over quantity. Having said that I will have a list of birds I would like to see, and am happy to negotiate that list with whomever wants to come along.
About me: I am a fit senior who is active in my birding community in Southern Arizona where I live, although I am a Canadian. I have travelled a fair amount to enjoy my hobby/sport, but, to date have mainly concentrated on my North American list. As my wife is not interested in this particular trip I am looking for like minded birders to share the experience. I don't snore!!!!We obviously don't have to travel from the same departure point; just arrange to meet in Cali on an agreed upon date. Write, if you are interested. Thor

Hi Thor,
My name is Mike, from Indianapolis, email more details. I did 8 weeks in CO last summer starting at Bogota, north to Riohacha, west to Cartagena, south to Popoyan, then to San Agustin/Pitalito, and return. I did do Cali area and Buenaventura, RN San Cipriano-Escalerete, RN Laguna de Sonso, Bajo Anchicayá. with 144 in Valle de Cauca and 566 total (all solo on buses, as I speak Spanish).

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back