• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CL and SLC 8x30 (1 Viewer)

It is my opinion, FWIW, that the current Swarovski CL Companion 8/10x30 B was meant to be an upgrade of the old Swarovski SLC Neu 8x30 WB which I believe was discontinued in 2010.

It is lighter in weight and has an ocular design with an "eye box" similar to a rifle scope which allows the user to place the eye cup either back in one's eye socket or braced up against one's eye brow ridge with out suffering blackouts.

It does not have the "waterproofing" pane of glass protecting the objective lenses that the old 8x30 had and does not need it with its modern construction. I found the new CL Companion to be a much easier binocular to use than the old SLC Neu as far as eye placement. In fact, I gave the old one to my son because it worked well with the glasses he wears when he uses it.

The new one is also a much better binocular in all respects than the recently discontinued Swarovski 8/10x30 CL Companions which had smaller FOVs.

Bob

Last edited:
Bob,

Did they ever make longer eye-cups for the SLC NEU 8X30.

Andy W.

Andy:

Yes, there are winged eyecups that work very well for those that do
not wear glasses. The advantages are obvious, side light blocking and
longer eye relief. Check it out, they are available.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back