• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

simplyelectronics.net (1 Viewer)

I was looking at this site yesterday for a 300 f2.8 IS (I have one on order from Kerso, but he's having problems getting hold of one). Their price looked fairly good, but I was put off by the lack of any real contact details - like a proper phone number or an address.

Thanks to Bill for posting that link, I shall not be wasting my time checking them out any further.

Thanks for the info guys:t:
The link was a bit of an eye opener. Still, dont think i will buy a lens from them now. Nuff said!!!!
Regards
Rob.

Used them to buy a new Sony compact for OH last month, cheapest price I could find anywhere, delivery not fast they quote 5 working days (which it took). Otherwise I was well pleased.

Stewart

Hi, I recently bought a compact camera off them and it just stopped working after about 20 days. When switching it on the lens came out, then immediately went back in. They said it had a cracked lens and as such could not be replaced under warranty - however I didn't do anything that could have caused a cracked lens. I've owned the previous model of that camera (a Casio Exilim Card) for years and never had a problem even though its taken a bit of a bashing. This camera was in perfect condition until it stopped working.

In summary I wouldn't recommend them at all, ever. I'm currently having my case reviewed by Amazon as I feel I've been dealt with unfairly.

Hi, I recently bought a compact camera off them and it just stopped working after about 20 days. When switching it on the lens came out, then immediately went back in. They said it had a cracked lens and as such could not be replaced under warranty - however I didn't do anything that could have caused a cracked lens. I've owned the previous model of that camera (a Casio Exilim Card) for years and never had a problem even though its taken a bit of a bashing. This camera was in perfect condition until it stopped working.

In summary I wouldn't recommend them at all, ever. I'm currently having my case reviewed by Amazon as I feel I've been dealt with unfairly.

You could take them to the Small Claims Court. It is not expensive.

Didnt bother with them in the end. Bought the lens from Mifsuds for around the same price. Would like to say thanks to all at Mifsuds, especially Zoe for all the help & exellent customer sevice.
Regards
Rob

simplyelectronics

Didnt bother with them in the end. Bought the lens from Mifsuds for around the same price. Would like to say thanks to all at Mifsuds, especially Zoe for all the help & exellent customer sevice.
Regards
Rob

Hi, I've ordered a new lens from simplyelectronics, dispatch is supposed to be 3 to 8 days, i ordered on the 17th, its now the 26th, no dispatch yet, phone number is only an answer machine as far as i can see and four e mails are so far unanswered

Hi, I've ordered a new lens from simplyelectronics, dispatch is supposed to be 3 to 8 days, i ordered on the 17th, its now the 26th, no dispatch yet, phone number is only an answer machine as far as i can see and four e mails are so far unanswered

Sorry to hear that Terry. Hope it eventually turns up.
The complete lack of customer service that has been reported is what put me off spending any cash with them. They always seem to answer email enquiries before you order though......strange that;)
Regards
Rob

May add my comment

Terry, I ordered a 580EX II Speedlite yesteday mid-day. I checked this morning it had still not been dispatched. I emailed them within a few hours I received a reply from Russel, customer service. He did remind me...standard free post was 3 - 8 days. He said, he would email me with tracking # when dispatched.
This my first order with them. I was going to use Kerso again but he bumped the price up £12 after giving me a quote last week...seems he does not value old customers...his loss. My friend GyRob has dealt with them...no problems.
Good luck with that Terry.

Roy.

I was going to use Kerso again but he bumped the price up £12 after giving me a quote last week...seems he does not value old customers...his loss. My friend GyRob has dealt with them...no problems.

The prices of Canon gear have been shooting up over the last few weeks so it's not a huge surprise that Kerso had to up his prices too.

The prices of Canon gear have been shooting up over the last few weeks so it's not a huge surprise that Kerso had to up his prices too.

On new stock we expect that, but he gave me a quote knowing I was going away for a week...just recently spent over 3 k with Kerso thought I would give him first chance of my business, no recent complaints..but I will think next time when I am shopping around, I would not fault Ian's service just disappointed, he could have warned me to buy now or else.

Roy.

I very recently got a Canon 500mm and 1.4 and 2x converters from simplyelectronics. I ordered it at a weekend and it was with me by the Thursday so was pretty pleased (especially since it came from Hong Kong). No problems with the lens or owt that I can find either. Would recommend them.

cheers
Will

I very recently got a Canon 500mm and 1.4 and 2x converters from simplyelectronics. I ordered it at a weekend and it was with me by the Thursday so was pretty pleased (especially since it came from Hong Kong). No problems with the lens or owt that I can find either. Would recommend them.

cheers
Will

Hi Will, I used Simply Electronics for the first time this week, my Canon 580EX II arrived within two days, not bad for free postage. I would also recommend them.

Regards

Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back