Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

North American Birds

Old Wednesday 13th July 2005, 15:11   #1
birdaudio

North American Birds

Can anyone direct me to a list of North American Birds that can identify species from most common to the least common birds? The Breeding Bird Survey has a wealth of information but does not seem to have a summary ranking the species in the US and Canada.

Thank you,

Kathie
Old Thursday 14th July 2005, 02:29   #2
Steve Gross

One possible location for what you seek is the Great Backyard Bird Count, an annual event which I believe is held in February. It won't give year-round numbers, but I believe that its reports do cover most common-least common lists.

Good luck.

Steve in Houston
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: