• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jersey (1 Viewer)

kris

Going for 4 days to Jersey, anyone know of any good spots for photographing birds or insects if I get the chance.
Thanks !

Hi Kris

Done about 4 trips to Jersey its a great place for a holiday.

Never done much birding there but there is a nature reserve on the west coast St Ouen. Try a search on Jersey I am sure that on one of the sites we looked at about a year ago it gave info or the Jersey bird recorder with phone number sorry can't remember the sites address.

Hope this is of use

Pete

There are quite a few good sites in Jersey including the mentioned St Ouens Pond whihc has a hard to find hide, I didn't use the hide though as you can't get a tripod in it. Also some other spots like all the coasts for seawatching depending on the wind direction, Portelet Common and Grouville Marsh. There really many sites and if you have time order a booklet called 'Important Sites For Birds In The Channel Islands' ISBN 0-9518075-7-9. If you have little time then get a Perry's Map when you are there and most of the sites/reserves should be pictured with a duck symbol.

Thanks for your posts, I will be quite close to St Ouens so that will be a definate place to go. I always carry a small beanbag in my rucksack adds to the weight but comes in very handy at times.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back