• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

caister/gt Yarmouth (1 Viewer)

gc220

Hi All,
I am going to be staying for a week at the Haven Seashore caravan Park, the one that is sandwiched between Yarmouth Horse racing course and the beach.

Does anybody know if a/the Little Tern colony walking distance along the beach from here?

Also are there any other sites close by that will be good to investigate? Preferably within walking distance.

Thanks for any information - cheers!

Last edited:
Yes there are Little Terns breeding at North Denes this year, close to where you'll be staying although I'm not sure how far along they are.

Breydon Water is worth visiting for waders, but will involve a bit of a walk. One option would be to go out onto the marshland west of Yarmouth and then south to Breydon rather than walking through the town to the start of the path.

Hi All,
I am going to be staying for a week at the Haven Seashore caravan Park, the one that is sandwiched between Yarmouth Horse racing course and the beach.

Does anybody know if a/the Little Tern colony walking distance along the beach from here?

Also are there any other sites close by that will be good to investigate? Preferably within walking distance.

Thanks for any information - cheers!

Thank you both James & Sean for taking the time to reply, it is much appreciated.

I took a walk through the North Denes & along the beach from where I am, heading north to California beach and back but I didn't see much,and no Terms at all. I'll try heading south to gt Yarmouth, to cover it all next.

Yeah, I appreciate your suggestions, I think I may try to 'sneak off' and do them. I hear Breyton water is best viewed from the Asda carpark underpass and as I saw no Terms, Wintertime sounds like a good call too.

Thanks again lads, appreciate your local knowledge. Cheers!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back