• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen Ray and Generation II ED's? (1 Viewer)

No, not me atleast. The 7x36 outperforms 8x32.

I think we are talking different products. The 8x32 are mid-size and the 7x36 are full size type of binoculars based on teh exit pupil. Of course, that is without considering the size of the binoculars alone. Sure the 7x36 are an excellent product but some peoples needs more magnification in something "compact". Or, like someone said, 8x32 are comfortable compacts.

I find 7x36 more comfortable to view in and the size difference is not big. (imo, naturally).

I think we are talking different products. The 8x32 are mid-size and the 7x36 are full size type of binoculars based on teh exit pupil. Of course, that is without considering the size of the binoculars alone. Sure the 7x36 are an excellent product but some peoples needs more magnification in something "compact". Or, like someone said, 8x32 are comfortable compacts.

It is likely a forgone conclusion that the 7x36 ZEN ED 2 will be larger than the typical x32mm compact. But it will be smaller than "full sized". It is not a given that a 36mm needs be larger than a 32mm. For example the Swift Eaglet 7x36 is smaller (or at least no larger) than a lot of x32mm binoculars, and smaller than all of the rest of the 7x compact glass with the exception of the Bushnell 7x36 EX.

That said, I think Frank is right in that you will see a x32 in one of the other lines, likely the ZRS. I would venture a guess that will happen if the demand for the 7x36 meets expectations, and when the ZRS gets the inevitable upgrade to dielectric coatings, I think we might see an 8x32 there. There was an 8x32 ZRS listed at one time on the Zen Ray site, but evidently the development of the ZEN ED lines put that one on the shelf.

It is likely a forgone conclusion that the 7x36 ZEN ED 2 will be larger than the typical x32mm compact. But it will be smaller than "full sized". It is not a given that a 36mm needs be larger than a 32mm. For example the Swift Eaglet 7x36 is smaller (or at least no larger) than a lot of x32mm binoculars, and smaller than all of the rest of the 7x compact glass with the exception of the Bushnell 7x36 EX.

That said, I think Frank is right in that you will see a x32 in one of the other lines, likely the ZRS. I would venture a guess that will happen if the demand for the 7x36 meets expectations, and when the ZRS gets the inevitable upgrade to dielectric coatings, I think we might see an 8x32 there. There was an 8x32 ZRS listed at one time on the Zen Ray site, but evidently the development of the ZEN ED lines put that one on the shelf.

Absolutely. Another example are the 8x42 h20 which are pretty much the size of an 8x32. I wasn't arguing with kristoffer opinion. His "no" still count as a "no". I was just pointing out that comparison wasn't really fair has it was 2 different products. Not very different tough.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back