• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flower ids Switzerland (1 Viewer)

Brosnabirder

Ireland
Can anybody help to id these flowers please?
First two pictures taken in July over last four years at altitudes between 1,500 and 2,000 metres. I can't remembered where and when I took the last picture but it was definitely in Switzerland

My guesses are
1. Arnica montana
2. Aster Alpinus
3. No idea

Attachments

• Brisen.jpg
    Brisen.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Brisen (4).jpg
    Brisen (4).jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Ober Chellen.jpg
    Ober Chellen.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 57
1. is a Leopardsbane, based on the heart-shaped leaves I'd say Doronicum austriacum.
2. is correct.
3. looks like Green-winged Orchid to me.

At least I got one right ;-)

I must get a proper flower field guide. Any suggestions for Europe/central Europe gratefully received. Would be ok in English or German.

Thank you both very much for the id help.
ATB
Tom

Thanks for the info. The website looks good. I'll try that first and then look at Flora Helvetica. Expensive alright but the euro and franc price is the same so better value in francs. Think I'd need a look at a copy before spending that much money. I probably need to start off small and get to know the common species first.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back