• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Motmot travel to Trinidad and Tobago (1 Viewer)

Baron Birder

I see that motmot travel are offering what seems a very good price for a two centre holiay in T&T VIZ.

"Special Eco Offer including excursions - Price: £1395
Trinidad & Tobago (Offer Period: 1st Sep 2008 to 1st Nov 2008) "

see http://www.motmottravel.com/mod-news_offers.htm

This might make it within my budget.

Does anyone know anything of these people and is this a good time to visit for birding?

Thanks

I have no knowledge of the company you are looking at, but I do not think there is a really bad time of the year to visit. September should be a relatively dry month, the rest of the period often wet; however, rainy season has been variable from year to year where I live (a few islands to the north), and on my attempt to visit T&T at the driest time of the year a few years ago turned out to be quite wet!

The fall month are often good for Northern migrants including shorebirds, but you will probably miss a few of the southern migrants. No one time will give it all.

Niels

Can only repeat what Niels has said.
The only slight drawback I can think of for a visit in September is that Bearded Bellbird may be in moult & if so will not be calling so may be hard to find at Asa Wright.

On the other hand the Caroni Swamp Scarlet Ibis roost should yield large numbers of birds.

Cheers,
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back