• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PRIME HD is available for pre-order (1 Viewer)

still haven't heard anything about my order either :(

Just received my email that mine was shipped, 10:03 Mountain time..half hour ago. Having a little trouble putting the tracking # in a UPS' website so I can't say when delivery will be. Just got back from a week long vacation, and this takes the edge off going to work tomorrow.

Thanks for posting. I ordered my 10X42 on April 15th, and as of a few minutes ago, no notice. Maybe tomorrow.

April 15th was the last day for the original pre-order discount, so I am thinking there may have been a bunching of orders from people like me wanting to delay the credit card charge on a pre-order.

My 10x42 Primes shipped yesterday!! I also ordered mine on April 10. Hopefully I'll see them by Thursday.

Thanks for posting. I ordered my 10X42 on April 15th, and as of a few minutes ago, no notice. Maybe tomorrow.

April 15th was the last day for the original pre-order discount, so I am thinking there may have been a bunching of orders from people like me wanting to delay the credit card charge on a pre-order.

I got the tracking number in email around midnight last night. I ordered on April 12th. Yeah, looks like there were a lot of ordered just before the original discount expired.

I got the tracking number in email around midnight last night. I ordered on April 12th. Yeah, looks like there were a lot of ordered just before the original discount expired.

i ordered mine the beginning of june with the discount price, unless the price you got is less than $555 for 10x42's

awesome to here some tracking numbers are coming, now i just need to hope there aren't so many people that ordered between april and june that maybe ill get lucky and hear mine is coming by the end of the weekish!

i ordered mine the beginning of june with the discount price, unless the price you got is less than $555 for 10x42's

Yes, that's the original 25% off discount that I got. It was set to expire on April 15th, but got (tacitly?) extended for some time afterward.

I received a shipping confirmation e-mail late this Tuesday afternoon, time stamped 4:01PM to confirm my 4/15/12 order for a 10X42 Prime HD. Shipping is USPS Priority Mail so I should get it Thursday or Friday. The tracking number is not yet active in the post office system.

It is great to know it is in route!

Edit -- Followup:

The tracking is now active in the postal system as of this Wednesday morning. I initially figured the shipment would be picked up Wednesday. Not so. The tracking shows the package going through the Portland sort facility at 2:01AM Wednesday morning. Looks like it will be a good Thursday morning.

Last edited:
I'm curious too. That info would give me a better idea of where I am in the delivery queue. My order was pre-beta review sight unseen, around April 15th for a 10X42. I think that was before the end of the Zen-Ray contest so that puts me in front of your winning Prime HD;) What did you decide to go with, the 8x or 10x?

I am also curious as to the size of a production run. Is it 100, 200, 500 units, or is that not even close? I suspect this is a very limited market with a lot of competition and Zen-Ray does not have the name recognition of a Bushnell or even Vortex. I would think you have to sell quite a few just to cover development and other fixed costs. I give Charles a lot of credit for taking the risk.

I remember as a kid being told by a relative that curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back! :cat:
Really don't have a preference one way or the other! Haven't seen either so can't make a choice? If that makes sense? Either way 10's for tripod use does make more sense for me at this time but, i wouldn't shy away from the 8's!!! :) Bryce...

I figured the winners would have a choice of the power they wanted, or is it up to Charles depending what inventory is left? Based on some of your previous posts, I can see why an 8x would be a better choice for hand holding. I hope they work out for you!

The tracking is now active in the postal system as of this Wednesday morning. I initially figured the shipment would be picked up Wednesday. Not so. The tracking shows the package going through the Portland sort facility at 2:01AM Wednesday morning. Looks like it will be a good Thursday morning.

My binos were sent out at the same time yesterday/this morning... But at the moment there already in Seattle. Wish i could just go down and get them:C
Guess i will have to wait until tomorrow at 4pm when the post arrives.

I'm a bit nervous as I'm leaving for a 5 day birding/camping trip tomorrow evening. If for some reason they don't arrive tomorrow i will be going on my first binocular free birding trip in, well........ ever. :-C

Funny it will take longer to get from the post office in Seattle to my house than Portland to Seattle.

Bill...

I figured the winners would have a choice of the power they wanted, or is it up to Charles depending what inventory is left? Based on some of your previous posts, I can see why an 8x would be a better choice for hand holding. I hope they work out for you!
I really don't know on the contest? I was just making a point that i haven't seen the bin so don't really have a preference! Either way i probably will have a good wait to see them! At this time 10x is more appealing, i don't have that format anymore! But i won't complain one way or the other!!! :) Bryce...

It's been quite busy for the last several days. But it's not over yet. After sending out the first batch to early pre-order customers, we are waiting for our shipping company to release the final shipment to us after they finish all the paperworks. It has been 3 days since the shipment arrived the Port of Portland. We will advise those of you who haven't received the shipping notification with new ETA as soon as we have them in. It may take another few days.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Charles

I really don't know on the contest? I was just making a point that i haven't seen the bin so don't really have a preference! Either way i probably will have a good wait to see them! At this time 10x is more appealing, i don't have that format anymore! But i won't complain one way or the other!!! :) Bryce...

Yes, contest winner can choose between 8x and 10x. :)

Charles

Just got home to find the Primes waiting on my doorstep!!! Yah!!! A quick stint in the backyard and they are better than I remembered! These are some seriously nice bins!! I am wolfing down my supper as I write this, so I can get out and do some birding this evening. More later.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back