• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Missouri Bird Banding (1 Viewer)

Larry Lade

I was working on the current banding in Missouri thread and it has taken off into the wild blue yonder! I had a "too large" photo of a Black-and-white Warbler in the opening post. When I deleted it, the whole thread went. "Live and Learn"

I had put two separate bird photos in the thread. The first was of a Black and White Warbler and the second was a Lincoln's Sparrow. I will put the resized photos in this thread as well as a third bird we netted to test your identification skills.

Larry

Attachments

• black-and-white warblers.jpg
    black-and-white warblers.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 258
Lincoln's Sparrow

Here is the photo of the Lincoln's Sparrow which "flew the coop" when the thread "went bye-bye".

Attachments

• lisp fall 2003.jpg
    lisp fall 2003.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 261
I'll go for Swainson's Thrush,Larry,although I thought your Lincoln's was an ovenbird earlier!
The bill didn't look right for me,but Michael got it as usual!

Photos of a couple more banded in Missouri

A couple of weeks ago we banded these two birds. The one on the left is larger than the one on the right. I "stitched" two photos together to get the two on one "post". See if you can ID these two birds.

Larry

Attachments

• untitled-stitched-01.jpg
    untitled-stitched-01.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 264
The thrush is a Swainson's Thrush. Note especially the buffy area around the fore neck.

Michael, you were right on for the Yellow-breasted Chat and the Yellow Warbler (male).

We netted the Swainson's Thrush a couple of weeks ago. A couple of days ago we netted/banded a Hermit Thrush, but had no available camera.

Larry

We have terminated our bird banding for the season. The temperature has been in the 20's and 30's degrees F and that is a little to cold to work effectively. When there is dew/moisture on the mist nets they tend to stay frozen for quite some time.

Larry

Attachments

• YEWA.jpg
    YEWA.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 233
Trying to post a couple photos

I have not been having any success at attaching photos lately, but I am going to give it another shot.

Larry

Attachments

• BEVI 090503a.JPG
    BEVI 090503a.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 227
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back