• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommendation for a hotel in Trinidad (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Hi all,
We are going down to Trinidad for a few days in about a month with a mostly non-birding friend. Even so, we will take her to Asa Wright for three nights, but it will probably be prudent to go to a beach for another one or two, and that is where I need a recommendation. Where will be a decent place to stay with a sandy beach and probably coconut palms, preferably a place where you can also swim? Also, hopefully not too far from the Airport, because I think we will need to leave early on the second morning.

thanks
Niels

Hi Niels,

So where did you end up staying? Thinking of Ecuador in January with possibility if budget allows of doing Asa Wright and beach somewhere before. My wife not being totally into birds but liking the beach. Thanks. Mike

We actually ended up staying at Pax guest house, so no beach but a nice place. I plan one day to go back and visit Grande Riviere, a sandy beach on the north east of the island, known for leatherbacks at night and Trinidad Piping Guans at day (the latter are very difficult to see anywhere else on the island). There should be one or two hotels up there, I can obviously not give any recommendations.

Niels

I went to Grande Riviere a couple years back with a group. We stayed at le Grand Almandier resort. It's quite a nice place considering the remote location. It's on the beach and within walking distance of the piping-guans (albeit by a steep uphill road). We only had breakfast there, which was also fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back