• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Herons and Lapwings (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
We had a good walk this morning with lots of lovely views. I have posted some fungi pics on Kezza's thread, but here are some pics of heron and lapwings. We were astonished to see a fox run across the wetlands at one point - the water isn't terribly deep - but he was too fast for me to get a picture. It was amazingly warm today and there were lots of dragonflies and ladybirds around too.

Attachments

• 100_2220.JPG
    100_2220.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_2227.JPG
    100_2227.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_2228.JPG
    100_2228.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 28
And some more!

Attachments

• 100_2231.JPG
    100_2231.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_2235.JPG
    100_2235.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_2237.JPG
    100_2237.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi Kits,
Sounds like a lovely Autumn day out, well done with the pics, I love the silloette in pic 2 and the Autumn birds in flight in pic 5.

I bet seeing the fox was a treat, Ive yet to see the fox family in my local reserve, but the warden showed me lovely pics of him.

Lovely thanks Kits

So that's where all the Lapwings went! There were 200+ two weeks ago at my local reserve, but the other day there were none! It was very quiet without their wonderful calls, hope you won't be keeping them all for too long.
I particularly like your pic of the Heron striding out, how proud he looks.
Here is my local Lapwingless(!) reserve. :-C

Attachments

• PA260001b.jpg
    PA260001b.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 18
Thank you Ruth. Pie - the fox was a real surprise! We quite often see them round here and during the summer one used to wander across the terrace on to the lawn most evenings. Kezza - I'll tell the Lapwings to visit you again!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back