• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit, Luang Namtha Rice fields, N Laos (1 Viewer)

Brian Stone

A Stone chatting
Anyone fancy a go at this awful photo? There were Red-throated Pipits about but this one was in a different part of the fields. I didn't see Paddyfield anywhere here.

Initially was it in flight and I thought it was a lark but it landed a long way off. The tail looked short (as it seems to be in the photo). Not much else I'm sorry to say.

Attachments

• pipit_3feb18_800l_9008.jpg
    pipit_3feb18_800l_9008.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 92
Is there anything to rule out Richard's from this photo? Did it call at all?

richardi would have noticeably longer tail but op said this individual has short tail. Crown streak on this one looks not very well defined, lore is quite dark also as ear-covert. So I think it's safe to say this is Paddyfield pipit.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back