• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Corfu, Rock Partridge gen (1 Viewer)

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
Hi,

I'm hoping to find out as much as I can about how best to see Rock Partridge on Corfu in early November. Anyone got any advice on this? I'd be grateful for any info at all on Rock Partridge on Corfu.

cheers,

Larry

there aren't any. they're extinct.

there are however some chukar partridge. to see these go to the top of mount pantokratoras and into the nature reserve area. follow thw trail right round till you're back under the rock face below the communications arials.
then hang around for a bit and be quiet.

if you can stop watching the rock nuthatch, black wheatears and both species of rockthrush for long enough to scan the area thoroughly you'll spot one

Yes as mentioned Rock Partridges are long gone (most probably in the first decades of the 20th century). Since the 80s Chukars have been released for hunting. Saw the Chukars several times in 2015 and hope you were lucky finding them too.

Friendly
Giannis

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back