• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

the Cinereous Vulture (1 Viewer)

Craig Houghton

Artist, Illustrator, and Beginning Birder
Hey all -- I figured I'd jump right in by posting my latest work. I had the chance to get a good look at one of these in the Bronx Zoo. He made quite an impression on me. Here's what came of it:

Cinereous Vulture, 6x9 watercolor on hot press w/ some pastel pencil

Thanks for looking!

Craig Houghton

Attachments

• vulture6404808nx.jpg
    vulture6404808nx.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 367
WOW!!

That's a really powerful drawing Craig - captures the 'personality' perfectly. Its so refreshing to see artistic work rather than 'photographic' and so 'totally realistic' type work - good though those are.

Hope you start downloading a few more into the Gallery - as well as any tips!!

Big welcome to BF

Very nice!

Hey Craig:

Thats a wonderful piece of work! I have actually been fascinated by this vulture myself, and have had an opportunity to observe one closely for an extended period of time during one of my father's rehabilitation projects, when he single handedly rehabilitated back to the wild, a wounded specimen of this species. Feel free to check out my website at http://www.wildsaurashtra.com to check out some videos and other images of this wonderful bird.

Craig Houghton said:
Hey all -- I figured I'd jump right in by posting my latest work. I had the chance to get a good look at one of these in the Bronx Zoo. He made quite an impression on me. Here's what came of it:

Click here for a larger 800x600 version!
http://www.leversandpulleys.com/ch_image_vulture.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Craig Houghton

Craig Houghton said:

Thanks for looking!

Craig Houghton

Hi Craig :hi:

This is a great painting - really mean look in the eyes !

Nina

Hi Craig! What a pleasant surprise to see your work here! Did you post this on Wetcanvas, too? This is a powerful painting... his expression is enough to frighten his prey, for sure!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back