Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Baader Morpheus eyepieces on sale

Old Tuesday 1st May 2018, 21:06   #1
billb9430

Baader Morpheus eyepieces on sale

The Baader Morpheus eyepiece sale ($175 US each rather than $239) has been ongoing for some time, but ends in two more weeks on May 15, 2018. I thought I'd better give this "heads-up" reminder lest some of you might miss out. The Morpheus series are all standard 1.25" barrel diameter and so will fit Pentax PF and PR spotting scopes and some Celestron models, too.

I bought the Morpheus 17.5mm, 12.5mm, and 9mm during the sale and find they provide nice views in Pentax PF65EDIIa, PF80EDa and PF100ED scopes. The Morpheus eyepieces have long eye relief and seem very similar to the Pentax XW series except they have a bit larger Afov (76˚ vs. 70˚) and, while the sale lasts, a new Morpheus eyepiece is just a little over half the cost of a new XW.

Bill Paolini, author of "Choosing and Using Astronomical Eyepieces" has a pretty positive user review of the Morpheus 17.5 posted on the Cloudy Nights site that gives more details. Bill owns a PF65EDII, but his review is primarily geared towards astronomical use in larger telescopes.

Several USA distributors carry the Morpheus line, but some (maybe all?) have posted on their sales websites that they cannot ship Morpheus eyepieces to buyers in EU nations at the sale price. Perhaps similar sale prices are available locally in Europe?

Apologies if this is "old news" to many of you, but I thought it best to be sure all Birdforum Pentax users that MIGHT be interested knew about this before the sale ends. -Bill
Old Wednesday 2nd May 2018, 00:51   #2
DRodrigues

Within EU the sale is 199.95 euros (from 245 euros)...
I have the Morpheus 4.5 - see http://www.pt-ducks.com/cr-telescope...mm%20eyepieces and I'm considering a pair of 17.5 for my bino-combo http://www.pt-ducks.com/cr-telescope...CR-binoviewing...

http://www.pt-ducks.com
Old Wednesday 2nd May 2018, 08:32   #3
Boogieshrew

They are available in the UK for 149 from Firstlightoptics.

I am not connected to them apart from as a very satisfied customer.
Old Saturday 5th May 2018, 12:32   #4
LesR

I have both the Morpheus 12.5mm and the Pentax XW14mm on my Pentax 65ED and the Morpheus is as good as the Pentax in my view.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: