• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flash Bird Paintings for All (1 Viewer)

IMGP1653.jpg

a little tern based on one of the many I saw at Rye Harbour today.

done with a few construction lines, but in 11 minutes, thanks to the troubles of painting on the dinner table!

I like it Liam! I used to have the dinner table, but as the telly was in the living room and we were very working class, I only had to clear it at Christmas. When my parents got rid of it, I ended up having to paint on the floor for several months - it b*ggered my knees up right proper!

indeed. Back of a *Shreddies packet!!;)

edit: *British cereal incase you were a bit miffed Colleen!

Ha Hah! Nice one Liam. I can tell you that you are in good company. A certain Robert Gilmore which hangs on the wall at Cape Clear Bird Observatory was recently reframed and found to be the back of a cornflakes box, glorious drawing it is too, a male Golden Oriole flying over Cummer from the classic " The Birds of Cape Clear Island"...

Anyhow, as promised, flash painting, Black Throated Diver. Bit splish splash but as an exercise very enjoyable.

Attachments

• flash painting.jpg
    flash painting.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 72
now that is incredibly good dear Buteo! The way you've captured the ripples and lighting on the water is just beautiful, and the diver itself is rather brilliant too!:t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back