Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Quiet locations in and around stoke

Old Tuesday 2nd July 2019, 16:30   #1
john118

Quiet locations in and around stoke

Hello,
I understand this section is pretty inactive but I was wondering if anybody knew of any decent locations around stoke that arent very popular with dog walkers/kids?
I ask because the annual six weeks kids holidays are on the horizon and I hate having to listen to or be disturbed by kids screams when I'm out visiting nature reserves.
Old Tuesday 6th August 2019, 19:47   #2
Gronk08

Quote:
Originally Posted by john118 View Post
Hello,
I understand this section is pretty inactive but I was wondering if anybody knew of any decent locations around stoke that arent very popular with dog walkers/kids?
I ask because the annual six weeks kids holidays are on the horizon and I hate having to listen to or be disturbed by kids screams when I'm out visiting nature reserves.
Hi John

Depends on how far you are prepared to travel around the Stoke area, Consall quite be good around the visitor centre and Black Lion will be busy with families etc but the majority of the longer routes should be fairly quite.

Aqualate Mere is usually free from dog walkers etc so would be a good spot to head for.

I have heard Cotton Dell towards Oakamoor is nice (although never visited it myself so I can't say how busy it gets).

Uttoxeter Quarry is always worth a visit and I have never found it a busy location.

Happy birding

Tim.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: