• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell Engage 10x50 (1 Viewer)

yarrellii

Supporter
I know the Engage has received a fair share of attention around here in BF, but it is mainly the 8/10-42 versions that get reviewed (I have read some comments about the 10x50 here and there, but not an in depth analysis). I was talking with a forum member specifically about the 10x50 and he had mixed feelings about it: good optical performance for the price (better at night than for daytime observations) but with somer reservations regarding the QC of Bushnell.

I'd be grateful if any other forum member with first hand experience with these could comment on its pros and cons (and also to assess -I know this can be tricky- to what the 10x50 could be compared with in terms of performance).

In my quest for a «middle-class» 10x50 this look to have quite a lot to offer.
Thanks!

I have not owned the x50's but I did own the 10x42's and based on their very small size for a 10x42, I wondered if I wouldn't have been happier with the 10x50's for low light performance. I wouldn't hesitate if they are on sale. Very good value for the money IMO and the 10x50's are as small and light as most 10x42's.

Thank you, justabirdwatcher. That's exactly my impression, according to most members who have used them. However, I don't know if the good qualities of the 8/10x42 would apply to the x50. There are brands whose different models vary greatly within the same range, hence my interest. Out of curiosity. What price did you pay for yours. Over here in Europe they're usually very hard to find at the discounted prices I see on American sites and we don't enjoy such great value (let alone having access to mail rebates)

Hi Coin, really interesting to hear from someone who has handled the 10x50 (and also the 10x42, great!). What would you say are the main differences between both 10s performance-wise. I understand we are talking about optical differences, right? Or would you say there are other things to remark. Thanks again!

Coin, thanks a lot for the details, it sure looks the part. I might wait and see if a nice offer comes up for Black Friday. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back