Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Cabela's Instinct Euro HD/Meopta S2

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old Wednesday 16th April 2014, 17:45   #1
peterginsburg

Cabela's Instinct Euro HD/Meopta S2

As has been pointed out these two scopes appear to be virtually identical, but there is at least one difference apart from the badging. Perhaps I missed it in other threads but the Cabela's version comes only with the 20-70 zoom eyepiece and it is fixed, not attached with a bayonet fitting. It is available in either the straight or angled version but in either case is quite long which might present problems when traveling. I have the Cabela's version and found, opposed to other postings here, that the focus is very smooth and easy, easily a match for the Swarovski. The zoom however is quite tight. I had the opportunity to compare it in the field recently and found its performance to equal or excel the many other scopes there. I did not see a Swaro ATX with which to compare.

Peter
Old Wednesday 16th April 2014, 17:55   #2
Kammerdiner

Wow, that fixed eyepiece is news to me. The bayonet release button is right below the eyepiece and beneath the armor. Not too obvious. It's not there??

As for 20-70x, I assumed that was because Cabelas caters to hunters who like higher mags generally.

Mark
Old Wednesday 16th April 2014, 22:24   #3
peterginsburg

No, it's not there. I called Cabela's to confirm it was fixed. And, yes, I also assume that the 20-70x caters to the hunters desires.
Peter
Old Thursday 17th April 2014, 13:55   #4
MeoptaMan

The Cabela's Instinct Euro HD spotting scope by Meopta is the same opto-mechanical design as the MeoStar S2 with the above mentioned differences being in; badging, a fixed eyepiece (no push-release button for the bayonet connection) and only with a 20-70x eyepiece. The focus is set to the same tolerances on both scopes.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: