• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding day Tunisia 07-09-2019 (1 Viewer)

Moussier20

I had an excellent birding day last saturday with 65 bird species observed.

I started at 6:eek:o AM at Tunis with the observation of three Commun Bulbuls at Belvedere Urban parc in Tunis.

My next stop was 24 km north of Tunis at a wadi where I observed 5 Zitting Cisticolas, some Cetti's Warblers, Eurasian Reed Warblers, Pallid Swifts and one North African Buzzard.

The third stop was at a dam lake in the gouvernorat of Bizerte where I observed 38 species (White Headed Duck, Ferruginous Ducks, Maghreb Tit, Black Winged Kite, Collared Pratincoles .......).

Next stop was at Ichkeul national park, where I spent 5 hours and observed there 36 species ( Greater Flamingos, Slender Billed Gulls, Short toed Snake Eagle, North African Buzzard, Spotless Starlings, Spotted Flycatchers, Western Olivaceous Warbler, Rufous tailed Scrub Robin, Moussier's Redstart, Isabelline Wheatear, Black Wheatear and Black Eared Wheatear.........)

I left Ichkeul N.P direction North-West and I stopped one hour later in a place where I saw 4 Dartford Warblers with Sardinian Warblers.

I Stopped 45 minutes after that at an Eucaliptus forest where I saw the Levaillant's Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker (Numidus Sub Sp), Maghreb Tits and 2 Great Tits.

My last stop was after the sunset where I heard 2 Eurasian Stone-Curlews.

It was an excellent birding day with exactly 65 bird species observed with differents habitats.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back