• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2020 (1 Viewer)

OK, I'll start: 20 so far today: with both Kestrel & Sparrowhawk putting in early appearances and a distant Pheasant calling to add to the list.

Happy New Year All....thought I'd start the year with a RARE! Only a single brief 20 second visit last year, been present on and off for c3 hours, must have been the new Tesco fat balls I put out last night. ;)

Attachments

• P2120476.jpeg     Sprows..jpeg
    P2120476.jpeg Sprows..jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 146
Happy New Year All, good to hear from you Sue, have you dropped anchor at last?
As for your sparrows Ken, two constitutes an invasion!

Managed 21 today, five better than last year’s Jan 1st total (hopefully a good omen for the year).

Last edited:
I finished off with just over an hour in the garden after a day out birding locally - 22 species as follows:
Blue Tit, Coal Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Blackbird, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Woodpigeon, Black-headed Gull, Dunnock, Collared Dove, Great Tit, Herring Gull, Robin, Magpie, Mallard, Carrion Crow, Common Gull, Greenfinch, Starling, Jackdaw, Pied Wagtail, Mistle Thrush.
Cheers
Steve

Happy new year and whole decade to every one.

I left one behind last years start. But I'm totally happy cos I was just 15 minutes on Garden.

#1. Tree Sparrow - I heard chirping behind the door before I opened it. Of course I also saw them right after that.
#2. Hooded Crow
#3. Magpie
#4. Blue Tit
#5. Great Tit
#6. Blackbird
#7. Fieldfare
- I don't see these every January. It has been very warm here...
#8. Great Spotted Woodpecker
#9. Feral Pigeon
#10. Siskin

January 2nd:
Added a few in a two hour morning session -
22. Fieldfare
23. Feral Pigeon
24. House Sparrow
25. Canada Goose
26. LBB Gull
27. Redwing

Steve

4 more today, and, on day 2, the first mega!

Song Thrush, Redwing, Greenfinch & LITTLE EGRET - not guaranteed here in the year, so amazed to see one today!

Four more added today (also found what would be a garden mega on our walk from the house this afternoon...........................):

1 Common Buzzard
2 Great Spotted Woodpecker
3 Common Blackbird
4 Mistle Thrush
5 Marsh Tit
6 Crested Tit
7 Coal Tit
8 Blue Tit
9 Great Tit
10 Nuthatch
11 Jay
12 Carrion Crow
13 Magpie
14 Raven
15 House Sparrow
16 Chaffinch
17 Brambling
18 Greenfinch
19 Goldfinch
20 Hawfinch
21 Yellowhammer
22 Tawny Owl
23 Robin
24 Green Woodpecker
25 Common Kestrel

Happy New Year All, good to hear from you Sue, have you dropped anchor at last?
As for your sparrows Ken, two constitutes an invasion!

Managed 21 today, five better than last year’s Jan 1st total (hopefully a good omen for the year).
Hi Richard, Yes, we have been at Leisure World (jail;)), Seal Beach, California for a few years now. Peregrine is still moored in Mexico and we get down there for visits when we can.

1. American Crow
2. Allen's Hummingbird
3. Canada Goose
4. Black Phoebe
5. Anna's Hummingbird
6. Ring-billed gull
On Christmas Eve day, I saw a Sharp-chinned Hawk perched on a lampost visible from my apartment. I hope I get to see it again for the garden list! I have only seen one once before, so I was happy to see it.

Is this a thread where we share what we see in our garden/yard/area?

I live in Idaho in the USA.

I saw a pair of Bald Eagles roosting together yesterday. Also saw an American Kestrel and a hooded merganser.

Today I saw a yellow-rumped warbler.

Planning on getting more bird food for my yards bird feeder. I always have mourning doves, Eurasian Collared doves, sometimes starlings, House finches, house sparrows, and American Goldfinches come to visit.

If you guys are interested, I will post pictures of them.

Jared

Is this a thread where we share what we see in our garden/yard/area?

I live in Idaho in the USA.

I saw a pair of Bald Eagles roosting together yesterday. Also saw an American Kestrel and a hooded merganser.

Today I saw a yellow-rumped warbler.

Planning on getting more bird food for my yards bird feeder. I always have mourning doves, Eurasian Collared doves, sometimes starlings, House finches, house sparrows, and American Goldfinches come to visit.

If you guys are interested, I will post pictures of them.

Jared

Hi, Jared,

Welcome to the thread.

We are recording anything seen or heard from house or garden, even if miles away, as long as you're standing in your own property at the time. You will see posts of seabirds from coastal properties eg.

Good luck, and, yes, by all means post photos.

H

Thank you for the clarification. I have seen many birds on my property, and I will only post those from now on.

Here are some pictures from last year taken on my property:

American Goldfinch.jpg

American Goldfinch

European Starling.jpg

European Starling

House Finch_3.jpg

House Finch

House Sparrow Male.jpg

House Sparrow

Northern Flicker_3.jpg

Northern Flicker

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back