• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Video editing? (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi,
I have hours of video footage (8mm) of wildlife/birds etc and want to copy to dvd, i tried copying to PC to edit but it takes so long and slows the PC down its a non starter.
Any suggestions of a faster way (i have a Sony dvd recorder) to edit? i'm not after TV quality just get rid of the bad shaky bits and have something worth watching.
Look forward to your ideas.
CheersB :)
Brian

Hi,
I have hours of video footage (8mm) of wildlife/birds etc and want to copy to dvd, i tried copying to PC to edit but it takes so long and slows the PC down its a non starter.

Not sure how it slows the PC down. How do you copy to the PC?

However, if you just want to copy the good stuff to DVD then how about using the good old way which used to be the only way - assemble edit to the DVD recorder. Connect the video to the recorder, using S-video leads if the 8mm is Hi8 and simply pause the recording when the rubbish parts come, so you can fast wind them. Of course you have to prepare some sort of shot list of counter settings for the in and out cues. This is how we used to edit video before computers made it so much easier...

If you have a Costco store in the UK their photo department can do this for you. Rates are pretty reasonable.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back