• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1080p with a compact (1 Viewer)

ianreid

Hi All,

I am thinking about a new digscoping camera to replace my trusty fuji f31fd. It would be primarily for stills but I am also keen on taking video and a note that one or two compacts are now coming out with 1080p video.

In particular I noticed the Panasonic Lumix FX700 and Samsung TL350/WB2000. Both were released this year, the former only a couple of months ago. Best prices seem to be just over 250 for either. Of course if I waited a year there will be lots more 1080p compacts onghe nmarkat and the price will come down, but I am not sure I want to wait that long (impending trip when one might be useful!)

Just reading the specs it looks like the Samsung does not have the facility for a threaded extender tube to enable straightforward slide-on tube digiscoping, but maybe the Panasonic does.

The Samsung seems to have a nice dual capturte feature so that you can take photos while videoing at 1080p.

Does anyone have any experience with with either of these cameras?

Cheers, Ian

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back