• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cleaning boxes (1 Viewer)

janesimba

birdlover
Hi I have just joined as I love all the info I can get from this forum. I would like to know if you have to clean bird boxes where great tits ate roosting before the nesting season.

Hi Jane and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm not sure what the current thinking is on your question, so I've moved your post to the Nest Box forum, where you're bound to get the best advice. I've also subscribed you to this thread so you can keep track of it easily.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Not early for Robins, early breeders even this far in the NE of England, seen one building on Sunday. :)

Damian

I do love my birds and think this is an exciting time of the year, just waiting for my blue tits to start building in my boxes. I save the clean hair from when I clip my shihtzu, they love it. I put it in two coconut shells glued together to keep it dry.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back