• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"Adopt A Painting" project (1 Viewer)

Saluki2

I am an American artist, retired, & life-long birder. I have initiated a project to try and distribute – free - small examples of my artwork to as many nations around the world as I can. Thus far I’ve given works to people in 70+ nations, from Honduras to Japan, Botswana to Peru, New Zealand to Mongolia. As to “What does he get out of this?” Let’s say it’s the satisfaction of having something I created enjoyed by someone in a distant county – somewhere I may never visit, but I will still have made that connection.
Right now I am seeking persons who would like to participate in my project. Specifically, I am looking for birders living or connected to the following ; South America - French Guiana, Uruguay, Venezuela, Guyana and almost any of the Caribbean Island nations; Africa – almost any nation in West, North or East Africa; Europe – France Spain, Switzerland, the Balkans; Asia – almost any in Central Asia.
Generally, I try to choose a bird that “fits” the region, but I have also done some requests as well – like the contact in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia who requested their national bird, the Gyrfalcon.
Once a painting is “adopted” I will mail it to the new recipient at no cost to them. I pay the postage -generally @ $3. You can see my current paintings (200+) - many available, some already “Adopted” and sent off - at my website.

https://saluki68.smugmug.com/Art/Adopt-A-Painting/i-b5JMMcz

So, hope this will spark some interest in my project.
Tom Dudones,
Saranac Lake, New York.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back