• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of the Greater Sundas, the Philippines, and Wallacea (1 Viewer)

I don't know which book you're looking at Robert but mine is Eaton, Van Balen, Brickle and Rheindt.

Andy, you linked to a different book in your first post. You made a remark, asking whether the new book follows the Eaton et al book. But the discussion is about the Princeton book by Arlott!

Andy, you linked to a different book in your first post. You made a remark, asking whether the new book follows the Eaton et al book. But the discussion is about the Princeton book by Arlott!

I mentioned Eaton et al and you confuse me by mentioning another title, sorry, losing brain cells as we speak.

Yes, the book you link would seem to be largely the same but the latest seems to have extended coverage e.g Wallacea?

Last edited:
The book in the link is one of Norman Arlott's long series of guides, which are very compact but with generally good illustrations, and nice and portable, though the text is minimal. His taxonomy tends to be conservative so it will be interesting to see what he does here with such taxonomic flux in the region, the Eaton et al Indonesia guide is a real trailblazer and we desperately need something along these lines for the Philippines.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back