• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujinon Techno-Stabi 14x40 (1 Viewer)

The Canon 10x42 IS is very much better than the Fujinon 14x40 in dealing with ghosting and flare from a streetlight.

The Fujinon is quite good, maybe 7/10 to 7.5/10, but the Canon perhaps 8.8/10.

The Canon has a much wider field and also AFOV.

Totally cloudy so can't do star test comparisons.

I remember reading or being told (but cannot find/recall the source) that the Fujinon IS is optimized to compensate for larger shifts such as on board a boat at sea (for instance), whereas Canon's is intended to compensate for muscle tremors and correspondingly smaller amounts of shake/wobble. From what I can gather Fujinon product is much preferred amongst sports fishermen searching the ocean for sea bird activity and fish sign. I'd be quite interested in trying these for that purpose when I go fishing in June. I have used unstabilized 7x binoculars from a largish vessel and found them reasonably useful, but a stabillized 14x ought to be considerably better. Maybe we could work out some kind of loan arrangement.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back