• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grandads binoculars (1 Viewer)

KevJ

Hi I found an old pair of Miranda 8 x 40 binoculars with the original leather carrying case whilst going through my grandads many boxes. And I know they might not be the best but I can say they are perfect and crystal clear for watching birds in my garden. I'm pleased with these binoculars.

Hi Kev and welcome.

Miranda were a Japanese brand of camera, particularly used for scientific work, with detachable prisms etc.
When they ceased trading Dixons bought the name and used it for their own binoculars mainly.

They are basic binoculars, but being Porroprism your 8x40 should work O.K.
Not sure if Japanese, Hong Kong or Macau made. It might say on the box or binocular.

Enjoy using it.

Hi Kev and welcome.

Miranda were a Japanese brand of camera, particularly used for scientific work, with detachable prisms etc.
When they ceased trading Dixons bought the name and used it for their own binoculars mainly.

They are basic binoculars, but being Porroprism your 8x40 should work O.K.
Not sure if Japanese, Hong Kong or Macau made. It might say on the box or binocular.

Enjoy using it.

Hi Binastro they say made in Hong Kong and I'm sure I will use them alongside my Opticron binoculars.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back