• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding 'Bible' (1 Viewer)

barnetbirds

Hi All
Could anyone out there let me know if there is a birding bible!!
What birds fly where and when!
Best areas to find what birds! Maybe with maps.

Most importantly--nice, maybe A4 size, pictures of birds, to help with identification.
I have birds of Britain and Ireland on my phone but would love to see bigger pictures and more information!!
Terry

Hi Terry

Have you looked at Opus.

There's articles on all the birds of the world and the sites that they can be seen at. For instance here's a list of the London sites. You'll find what birds are found there and it includes a map link.

Here's a bird article which I happened to have open. You'll see several pictures showing different states of plumage (click on any picture to enlarge).

D

Hi D
Thats because I dont know how/whats in the forum yet (what an idiot I am)!!........Thanks for that D.
Terry

LOL not at all! It can take a while to find everything. Don't forget to have a look in the Gallery and then there's videos in BFTV too.

D

I think one more answer is in order: you will probably not find one book ever that covers everything you describe in the initial post. In addition to using Opus and the rest of birdforum I personally would supplement with a field guide solely to aid in recognizing birds. Here is a thread discussing one that comes highly recommended as you will see.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back