• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Artwork of Oskar Moilanen (1 Viewer)

Oskar Moilanen

Here I'm going to pile up all my work. Graphite drawings to start with, and hopefully other techniques in the future.

Red wine really gets the creativity flowing, the result of this is the work below.

Attachments

• 20121115-_IGP28933.jpg
    20121115-_IGP28933.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 2012-10-29 Nyvall.jpg
    2012-10-29 Nyvall.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 123
Here I'm going to pile up all my work. Graphite drawings to start with, and hopefully other techniques in the future.

Red wine really gets the creativity flowing, the result of this is the work below.

Ill look forward to the pile of work as it develops Oskar nothing but encouragement in here from some of the Worlds best wildlife artists

I considered a new approach. Felt like I was becoming a slave trying to make the drawing look exactly like the picture, that just became tiresome and wrong.
Now I'm drawing at higher speed, just trying to get some more expression in there and increasing my feel. I have gotten over the hurdle that I felt it was very hard to draw, with a different mindset to it it becomes much more enjoyable.

Attachments

• 20121115-_IGP28988.jpg
    20121115-_IGP28988.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
keep going- one recurring message on here is enjoy the process and not worry too much about a neat and perfect end product!
Will do. I enjoy it more now that I've loosened up a bit. In fact, I just drew another sketch. The bottom is supposed to be leaves and some grass, didn't go so well so I just left it that way.

Attachments

• 20121116-_IGP28999.jpg
    20121116-_IGP28999.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Thank you!

Drawing feather detail is really bugging me off, feels so annoying. Kind of half finished, but I decided to call it quits so this is the work of today.

Attachments

• 20121118-_IGP29000.jpg
    20121118-_IGP29000.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 126
There's some who post on here who never seem to make the slightest effort to draw feather detail...so if its bugging you off, maybe time to forget them and have a go at some shapes!
I was thinking about a different approach as well.
I'm going to look around for some inspiration and have a go at that.

Actually, I really like this cormorant piece. Whether by accident, design or just couldn't be bothered to do any more - you have succeeded in making just the right amount of marks to suggest the contours and the hard-edged feathers required to express the 'persona' of a cormorant. Very nice indeed.

Actually, I really like this cormorant piece. Whether by accident, design or just couldn't be bothered to do any more - you have succeeded in making just the right amount of marks to suggest the contours and the hard-edged feathers required to express the 'persona' of a cormorant. Very nice indeed.
I'm glad you like it, even though it was the 'couldn't be bothered' reason.

Did a speedy bull finch drawing before going to sleep. Drawing is becoming fun and relaxing, it's nice to try to let the guard of expectations down and just draw.
Sometimes sloppy doesn't matter.

Attachments

• 20121120-_IGP31011.jpg
    20121120-_IGP31011.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 90
Chill out Oskar your doing very well with the pencil:t: keep trying different things as you go. Cormorant is great :t:

I'm glad you like it, even though it was the 'couldn't be bothered' reason.

Did a speedy bull finch drawing before going to sleep. Drawing is becoming fun and relaxing, it's nice to try to let the guard of expectations down and just draw.
Sometimes sloppy doesn't matter.

Always been my motto! Seriously you're doing very well. Once drawing is fun and relaxing then you're on your way. Everything else will work itself out over time. Just keep at it and keep enjoying it.

A quick one before bedtime. (From a photo)

As I've now ditched my photography I need to learn to draw birds without that visual aid. I'll have to pick my first favourite birds to really get the anatomy down, studying them in nature and books. Lots of fun.

Attachments

• 20121203-_IGP36033.jpg
    20121203-_IGP36033.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 77
Thank you Jenny!

This is a work in progress. Thought I'd make a christmas card of it or something, will put some time on this one. Will try to put a rowanberry tree as background.

Attachments

• 20121203-_IGP36055.jpg
    20121203-_IGP36055.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 77
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back