• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Home made Adapter for Samsung Galaxy S2 (1 Viewer)

Clive29

Homemade Adapter for Samsung Galaxy S2

I wanted a dead simple, minimum size and weight, extremely easy adaptor to fit my Samsung Galaxy S11 to my Swarovski AT80 HD to take fairly decent bird records pics.

Finding nothing on the market that met my requirements I made my own.

Here's what I came up with..

Costing me £7 quid to buy flexible epoxy, £7 to buy an extra back battery cover for phone and £2.49 for android camera app "Phoneskope" (not absolutely nessessay) and 3 hours of my time (Curing time of epoxy not included)

It takes me less than 5 seconds to fit the adapted back to phone before I go out birding (still allowing phone to function perfectly normally) and less than 10 seconds to fit phone securely on scope with virtually no vignetting ready to take pic. 2 seconds to remove phone.

Works great.. taking full advantage of the phone's massive screen.

Attachments

• Scopephone1.jpg
    Scopephone1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 771
  • PS2.jpg
    PS2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 661
  • ps3.jpg
    ps3.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 636
  • ps5.jpg
    ps5.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 631
  • ps6.jpg
    ps6.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 575
Last edited:
Cheers Ysterkvisten, :t:

Must say.. I've been using mine for a couple of months now and it's really working out great. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I'd like to make something similar to connect a Nokia Lumia to a Swaro eyepiece. How did you make the ring? Did you mould it somehow from cast flexible epoxy?

Hi Graham,

Its quite easy but rather difficult to explain. Basically it's a plastic ring made out of cut strips of plastic from a chef squeezy sauce bottle.. I had one at hand and the plastic was perfect thickness and flex.

http://www.souschef.co.uk/squeeze-b...=&source=pla&gclid=CI-u_by247wCFa-WtAodnkMAIQ

Anyway you cut 3 strips.. wrap the first around you eyepiece nice and tight. Cut neatly where it joins and fix with a small section of electrical tape but only over about 1cm on each side of join. Then add another strip on to of that fixing it completely to the first with Epoxy then add a third on top of that one to create a perfect fitting cylinder with a nice thick 3-4mm wall.

I hope that makes sense, don't hesitate to ask if it doesn't. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back