• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sir Peter Scott print...info? Thanks (1 Viewer)

Chrispeacock

Hello! Hopefully I'm in the right place for this. I found a few threads on peter here... I'm just checking what this print is exactly. Now at first I thought is it faded or something like that. But then I saw more of this print but dufferent numbers of course online looking the same and only one that was a bit different but who knows if it was the camera or lighting that changed its color. Anyway if anyone knows what the original looks like or can shed more light on this item that would be great thanks a lot!
20170223_155546-747x1328.jpg

20170223_155528-747x1328.jpg

20170223_155431-1328x747.jpg

20170223_155535-1328x747.jpg

20170223_155604-1328x747.jpg
And yes I hope the colors look OK / like they do with the eye on your screens...they were taken on a note 4 ...tnx.

The picture (the original was oil on board apparently) is reproduced in Scott's Observations of Wildlife (1980). In my copy the picture is slightly darker and the colours more saturated. Of course I have no way of knowing whether the book reproduction is accurate but it looks right with the swans appearing darker against the light and some of the highlights more golden in the dawn light.

Bill

This was a weird one as I found the book finally online and it looked much more blue and yes stronger colors but not particularly good. Then finally after lots of searching I think I found the original oil painting which does look the best ... but with different lighting each time and cameras it is hard to tell exactly. Thanks for the input.

Probably should add the book I saw was a cover. I'm thinking maybe yours is fairly accurate.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back