• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick Camera Adapter vs. Photo Adapter (1 Viewer)

Buying an 85 and want to use it with a Minolta 7D digital SLR - The Quick Adapter seems to be more versatile but is the Photo Adapter alot better for shots? Like to use the 85 for scope as well as camera in the field without screwing things on and off..... Comments? Thanks Mark - a new guy.

Quick adapter

Hey Mark I`m probably about 10 minutes from your location. Well I`ve only used the quick adapter and I can`t even imagine useing anything else It`s a little expensive but you`ll understand the cost once you have it. It takes excellent shots but you`ll want to get a adapter for a shutter release. ( I use the eagle adapter out of England) You got a great scope so you`re off to a good start and I wish you well in your digiscoping ventures. B :)

Hello, Mark.

I have the quick camera adapter and I'm happy with it because of the fast change between looking trough the scope and digiscoping. Anyway there are two drawbacks. It is quite heavy (two pounds), and you can't use it with the Zeiss stay on case.

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back