• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TE-14WD vs TSE-14WD, what’s the difference? (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I don't think there is any. The 30x wide EP for the small body scopes is marketed under both names - Kowa uses TE...

Joachim

I was wondering what’s the difference between these two eyepieces? Thanks!

Hello!

As I found while surfing ebay ads, the TSE-14WD is older and made directly for TSN-820 series scopes and has 32x magnification with those bodies, but TE-14WD is the current 30x fixed magn. model for TSN-600, TSN-660 and 82SV series scopes (and thanks to god for olda TSN 1-4 telescopes too).

Cheers

Hello!

As I found while surfing ebay ads, the TSE-14WD is older and made directly for TSN-820 series scopes and has 32x magnification with those bodies, but TE-14WD is the current 30x fixed magn. model for TSN-600, TSN-660 and 82SV series scopes (and thanks to god for olda TSN 1-4 telescopes too).

Cheers

Hi,

no, the 32x wide EP for the 820 series was called TSE-14WE - see the following link for a snapshot of the Kowa page in 2008 listing it...

https://web.archive.org/web/2008030...nar.com:80/product/spotting/tsn821m/index.htm

If you google TSE-14WD you get lots of vendor pages for the 30x wide for the small body scopes, not for the 820 series. But Kowa calls it TE-14WD -TE as with all their current EP offers...

Joachim

Hi,

no, the 32x wide EP for the 820 series was called TSE-14WE - see the following link for a snapshot of the Kowa page in 2008 listing it...

https://web.archive.org/web/2008030...nar.com:80/product/spotting/tsn821m/index.htm

If you google TSE-14WD you get lots of vendor pages for the 30x wide for the small body scopes, not for the 820 series. But Kowa calls it TE-14WD -TE as with all their current EP offers...

Joachim

Yes, you got the point. The first I mentioned is the TSE-14WB, sorry for that.

I checked the paper box of my newly acquired 30x fix ocular and has both name (TS/TSE-14WD) on the box. :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back