• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oberwerk (1 Viewer)

black crow

They basically make fine binoculars for Astronomy. However they have a small line of roof prism bird watching type binoculars. I've always been very curious about them because I really like my 25x100s for land viewing. Surprisingly good optics IMO at around $500.

I've never really seen a word about Oberwerk here except from me. Has anyone ever looked through one of these Oberwerk birding binoculars? Their prices seem to be in line with mid priced binoculars from most companies. It would be cool if they were a Blue Sky in hiding. Frank will always have a place of honor here for "discovering" those Blue Sky binoculars. . I haven't seen him post since I've been back. I wonder if he still has his blog and does bino reviews.

Last edited:
They basically make fine binoculars for Astronomy. However they have a small line of roof prism bird watching type binoculars. I've always been very curious about them because I really like my 25x100s for land viewing. Surprisingly good optics IMO at around $500.

I've never really seen a word about Oberwerk here except from me. Has anyone ever looked through one of these Oberwerk birding binoculars? Their prices seem to be in line with mid priced binoculars from most companies. It would be cool if they were a Blue Sky in hiding. Frank will always have a place of honor here for "discovering" those Blue Sky binoculars. . I haven't seen him post since I've been back. I wonder if he still has his blog and does bino reviews.

BC:

They don't "make"; they "import." :cat:

Bill

OH corrected. Have you ever dealt with one of their birding binoculars? I have often wondered who buys them as I've never even seen a mention here.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back