• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Wildlife to work' survey begins (1 Viewer)

BBC wildlife survey asks commuters to record sightings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13698296

Described as the first nationwide survey of its kind, BBC Wildlife Magazine is asking people to send in details of birds and animals they see.

I was keen on doing this, but as I was on holiday the week the survey was taking place I wouldn't have been making my daily trips to and from work. I thought about doing it the week earlier, but this would have the effect of skewing their results, there needs to be consistency in things like this to be considered robust and reliable.

Not a bad idea though my commute is on a bike and it's hard to concentrate on staying safe when you see something interesting. Yesterday evening and this morning has been reasonably good with red kite, house martin, swift and great spotted woodpecker among the number of birds seen and heard. Don't see mammals as I travel towards the city centre through urban areas.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back